USING SUPER BOWL ADS IN THE CLASSROOM
©2006 Frank W Baker, Media Educator creator of the Media Literacy Clearinghouse
“Frank makes it easy for us (educators) to use Super Bowl ads as tools for deeper thinking about media messages.”
(School Library Journal)
SUPER BOWL COMMERCIALS 2019– CBS TV SPECIAL: Tuesday January 29, 8pm ET
The annual Super Bowl game is one of the last appointment TV events: we still gather around the television at the time the game is played. For weeks before the big game, the media has been abuzz about the commercials. This website is designed to help you incorporate these ads into instruction, no matter what you teach. Use the links in the left hand column.
- NEW: Super Bowl Ad Analysis Worksheet
- NEW: What makes a good ad? Deconstruct a Bud Ad (video)
- Teach Media Literacy With Super Bowl Ads
- History of Super Bowl Ad Costs (infographic)
- How to Deconstruct a TV Commercial (lesson plan)
- Teach Argument With This Beer Commercial (lesson plan)
- Teaching Ads As Argument
- Close Reading of Advertising Promotes Critical Thinking
- Is A Super Bowl Ad REALLY worth 5 Million Dollars?
- Do Super Bowl Ads Really Work?
Want to use Super Bowl commercials in your classroom?
Copyright: educators can legally record and use Super Bowl ads in instruction