SCRIPTWRITING IN THE CLASSROOM
©2006 Frank Baker, Media Educator
Television News Script Writing Activity
This activity involves students’ use of the daily newspaper and a blank script form. Read details here.
- What’s News? What Isn’t? How the Pros Decide Media Awareness: News Reporting & Writing (Weekly Reader’s Writing, Jan.2003 issue) Abstract: Reports on guidelines for students on news reporting and writing. Requirement to learn the difference between soft and hard news; need to practice the best form of writing a news story; requirement to learn how to prepare and conduct an interview for news.
- Youngstown OH TV Station’s News Scripts
- CNN Student News (daily news transcript)
- Channel One daily news script
- Create a Mock Newscast in Your Classroom (Weekly Reader Online)