One of my chief observations is that most K-12 school library/media collections have little, if any, texts (for students or teachers) about the media, let alone media literacy. That reason alone is why I authored two books. So here you will find links to existing web pages with specific book recommendations. Should you have questions, email me.
General media literacy book recommendations:
- Books for K-12 students (acquisitions for your student collection)
- Texts/Multimedia With Activities and Lesson Plans (resources for teachers)
- Books for educators (acquisitions for your professional collection)
- Newly published books posted here
Links to specific categories of books:
- Big Media
- Body Image
- Film/Film Studies
- Information Literacy
- Media Effects
- Media Literacy
- Politics & The Media
- Pop Culture
- Recent Trends in School Uses of Media & Technology (blogs, wikis, digital media, etc.)
- Sex In Advertising & Media
- Video Games
- Video Production
- Visual Literacy
- Youth & Media
- War Reporting
A collection of some of the best articles dealing with issues in the media. Normally used in college courses, this text can also be helpful in discussions with students about media issues.
Click on the book for details.
This text is designed to cover two sides of an issue, with articles pro and con on issues. Click on the book for details.