USING SUPER BOWL ADS IN THE CLASSROOM
©2006 Frank W Baker, Media Educator creator of the Media Literacy Clearinghouse
“Frank makes it easy for us (educators) to use Super Bowl ads as tools for deeper thinking about media messages.”
(School Library Journal)
The annual Super Bowl game is one of the last appointment TV events: we still gather around the television at the time the game is played. For months before the big game, the media has been abuzz about the commercials. This website is designed to help you incorporate these ads into instruction, no matter what you teach. Use the links in the left hand column.
- NEW: Let’s Analyze SB Commercials (Edutopia)
- NEW: Break The Super Bowl (LAMP)
- Deconstructing, Close Reading of Media Texts (includes commercials)
- Watch: The Top 5 Ads of SB50
- Play SuperBowl Commercial Bingo
- Remix Super Bowl Ads With The Media Breaker
- Deconstruct AXE’s ‘Make Love Not War’ Super Bowl Ad
Want to use Super Bowl commercials in your classroom?
Copyright: educators can legally record and use Super Bowl ads in instruction